So, you’ve gotten, what, 10 million “Happy New Year’s” at this point? I don’t want to be the 10 million and 1 so here’s a few things to get you thinking, not so much about resolutions as we all know how much that’s been done.
But actually thinking during your after New Year’s Eve bash hangover (or early to bed non-hangover) is probably not at the top of your to-do’s. Curled up on the sofa watching _______ or snoozing is a better bet! So if you just look over these today and let them pop up to the surface over the next few days, mores the better. But I do have to do this first:
Good, Get Ready! 6 Power Questions that Really Work:
Give yourself the gift of this time. Find 10 minutes some time in the next few days. And allow the answers to these 6 power questions to come into your awareness:
- What was 2011 like for you? If 2011 were a car, or a dog, or a country – how would you characterise the year?
- What were the big hurdles from 2011? How did you overcome them (did you overcome them)?
- What were the great joys of 2011? How did you acknowledge and celebrate, and really feel, them?
- Where did you let yourself down in 2011? What feelings went along with that?
- When you think of 2012, what comes to mind? What pictures do you see? What sounds do you hear? What thoughts come to mind? What feelings do you connect with?
- Imagine it’s the end of 2012. Close your eyes and bring that picture into clear focus. It’s December 28, 2012. You are looking back on the best year yet. Tell me about it.
Take this time for yourself – not only will you gain some perspective on the past year but some idea of what your hopes and dreams are for this one. And if you plan on doing a vision board or two, now you’ve got some great material!
Recover and take the day to relax and regroup. Tomorrow will take care of itself and we’ll be back on track then!