I am so honored and amazed to have received the “Versatile Blogger Award” from 2 wonderful bloggers, the truly incredible Bailey Mikell Nielson and Piperou7! Bailey’s blog “Commander In Chic” is a highlight of my day and it is definitely humbling to be nominated by a blogger of her stature. And Piperou7 inspires me to keep on going and working hard. Thank you both so much!!!!
The Versatile Blogger Award has the following rules:
- Post a picture of the award
- Thank the award giver
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers about this and tell them so
2. I am often asked by friends to spout my amazing “dolphin squeak” imitation. No, am not kidding. Yes, it’s very embarrasing. Yes, they still ask.
3. I love to cook but it’s taken 20 years to discover the miracle of truffle oil. Very sad, but true. Also, I can whip up a tasty, fairly quick meal using just what’s in the kitchen at the moment. Learned how by years of being VERY POOR!
4. I am a pathetic dyed in the wool romatic, Jane Austen, etc. junkie. It’s so bad I cry at commercials. My wife and friends have been kind enough to keep this out of the press. My wife keeps kleenex at the ready whenever the TV is turned on.
5. I love all things scented (and luxiourious) but am obsessed with perfume. This fact is well known and I have 2 drawers in my bathroom devoted to “bottles of juice”. It’s very sad – I need a new hobby. My wife agrees!
6. Thanks to my wonderful Aunt, I can’t have frog related knick knacks. Have one in the car, two in the living room, assorted others around the house. Hey, it’s good luck in Puerto Rico! Also, I speak Spanish for no reason, a lot (blame living in Florida for 27 years!). To the point that my dog answers to commands in Spanish. My wife HATES Spanish so I’m trying to learn some French and Italian to “mix it up”.
7. I spent a lot of my childhood in the Far East (Japan and the Phillipines) which has molded a great deal of my worldview. Japanese people are the most polite in the Free World. And, so am I, to a fault. So I’m a student on the Buddhist path – go figure.
Here’s My Top Picks – The blogs I nominated.
Daily Health Boost:
Indulge – Travel, Adventure, and New Experiences:
How The Cookie Crumbles:
Seasons Change, and Change, and Change!:
A Mind Divided:
no time to w8:
Weight Loss and Corinne:
now smell this:
eyeliner on a cat: