“On The Ball” WEEK CHALLENGE – Day 5
(2 to Go!)
Day 5: “Accountability Check-In“:
- Today’s Weigh In: Goal: 1.5 pounds loss/week – Start: 208.4, Now: 208.6 – 1 Pound Up From Yesterday! (higher than when this started, 2 days to go – 1.5 pounds – ready to throw up hands) Result: follow the bouncing ball, very tired.
Diet: LOW CARB DAY– 1st: protein+carbs (green smoothie), 2nd: protein+veggie (leftover chicken), 3rd: protein+veggies (roasted chicken, fried cabbage), 4th: CARB – 2 slices angel food cake, strawberries, cool whip free, Water: (10) 8 oz glasses!, No 5th Meal
Exercise: Ran around doing catch-up errands all day, short work out in PM
Stability Ball: 1 hour, Result: No help at all.
It took years for this guy to get to this level of proficiency.
It will take time for me to lose over 100 pounds, too!
- I’ve been eating a small snack in the evenings, many times celery and peanut butter – fat to sleep on – SO – no snacks after 7 pm (unless they are low cal, no fat).
- Sugar is my crack. I use it to self medicate and distract myself in depressions or when stressed or anxious – SO – no sugar after 5 pm. La eats sugar-free popsicles (15 tiny calories) and she’s maintained her weight loss for months. Lesson!
- I have to stop sabotaging myself. After losing over 70 pounds, it’s getting harder, just like my trainer warned me it would. To keep losing, and then to maintain, I have to step up my game. But that nasty little internal voice keeps saying “you’ve already lost so much, why does getting to some “number” matter – you’ll still be struggling with mood, on disability, a skinny failure. What difference will it really make? Why keep fighting and working so hard when it doesn’t make much difference in the big picture?” After only losing 4 pounds in January and .2 pounds in February and bouncing all over the place, that voice keeps getting stronger.
- Because I’m my worst enemy at this point, it might be helpful to go for a therapy “booster shot” or at least meet with my trainer to regroup.
- I let the scale dictate how I feel about myself which, for someone with a mood disorder, is bad, bad, bad. So La is going to hide the scale so I’ll be forced to stick to “Monday morning weekly weigh-in” whether I like it or not. Told you she was great.
Been a hard day but figured out some important insights and we’ll see what tomorrow brings. 2 more days in the challenge. Next week’s challenge is “No sugar after 5 pm.” Yay!
- Day 39 Workout & Nutrition Log (leanstateofmind.com)
- Living Low-Carb (everydayhealth.com)
- Get Fit With a Stability Ball: The Basics (everydayhealth.com)