Doing the extras like Murphy Oiling furniture/cabinets, dusting everything not nailed down, scrubbing your bathroom and kitchen like there’s no tomorrow (and that includes picking up and moving things and inside as well as outside of appliances), vacuuming, mopping, and windexing every mirror and pane of glass not only works up a sweat but there’s a good chance it will show up on the scale as well. And don’t forget to count all the walking doing errands, cooking, decorating, and setting up.
I cleaned for 3 hours yesterday and lost .2 but that was with carbs at 2 meals – a fruit protein shake for breakfast and hungarian chicken over whole wheat pasta for dinner. I cleaned for 6 , yes 6 hours today and so we’re treating ourselves to pizza tonight. Since I cleaned off I don’t know how many zillion calories, that’s just fine.
The trick is not to sabotage yourself AT the event. Plan what you’ll be eating (and drinking) ahead of time and slip in lower calorie items where they won’t be noticed like in dips with a heavy side of veggies, some lower fat cheese cubes, sparkling water with lime/lemon, the ideas are endless. There are a ton of terrific food sites online with lower cal/carb appetizer, drink, and buffet recipes. And if you spend more time chatting, mingling, checking food / drinks, and maybe some dancing depending on what type of gathering you’re having, you’ll have less chance to be tempted by the “spread”. (Will try to take my own advice here!)
So I’ll let you know how our event went – and my weight as well. And you know you don’t need a party excuse to do a “deep clean calorie blast”, but it is a whole lot more fun!
- 3 Calorie-Counting Rules for Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- How to Get Rid of Belly Fat (answers.com)
- Cracking the Low-Carb Code (everydayhealth.com)
- Carbohydrates are our friend….. (fitnesshealthandlove.wordpress.com)
- Get Your Plate In Shape (lisacooking.com)
- A calorie is a calorie is a calorie….but how many do I need??? (balancingpaleo.wordpress.com)
- How to Achieve One Pound of Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Boost Your Metabolism With Mini-Meals (everydayhealth.com)
- 11 Ways to Lose Weight This Weekend (billthemortgageguy.com)
- For Permanent Weight Loss: Ready, Aim, Fire – At What? (mariaslastdiet.com)
- Living Low-Carb (everydayhealth.com)
- Pasta Recipes Made Healthy (everydayhealth.com)
- How to Use Your Mind to Lose Weight (self.com)