You’re Invited to the “Virtual 1 Year Celebration” of my Weight Loss Journey!
Please join me for a bit to enjoy virtual cake, virtual ice cream, virtual balloons and party favors, and, my favorite, virtual martinis and cosmos, to celebrate my 1 Year Weight Loss/Life Transformation Anniversary!
First, thank all of you for your support during this amazing, challenging, and oh so rewarding time. You have helped me so much with your following, comments, and encouragement “on the weigh”. And if I can do this, and keep working toward the main goal of losing the rest and then maintaining/thriving for a lifetime, then so can you!
A Quick Recap:
Here’s a very quick recap of the positive changes from the start point to today.
1 Year Ago – April 14, 2011
- Weight: 278.8 pounds
- Classification: Morbidly Obese
- Clothing Size: 28 Women’s, 3X Women’s
- Activity Level: Sedentary (butt glued to couch!)
- Social Life: Almost non-existent, rarely left the house, isolated
- Diet: Awful – high in sugar, fat, salt, fast food, bad carbs, very little fruits/veggies
- Cholesterol: High in all the Bad Ones
- Blood Sugar: Pre-Diabetic (in the danger zone)
- Mood: 3-4 full episodes a month, depressed most of the time – A MESS
- Sleep: 12-16 hours / night
TODAY – April 14, 2012
- Weight: 205.2 pounds (74 almost 75 Pound Loss!!!)
- Classification: Moderately Overweight
- Clothing Size: 16-18 Women’s, XL/1X Women’s
- Activity Level: ACTIVE (4 sessions at Gym, 1 Hatha Yoga Class, 1 Exercise Meet-Up – every week!)
- Social Life: out at the gym, friends at yoga, weekly motivational/exercise/social meet-up, out and about almost daily, blog/email/even talk on phone – Huge!
- Diet: 160 degree change – mostly lean meats, chicken, fish, veggies, fruit, good carbs/grains, still struggle with fast food and sugar/fat bombs but major change
- Cholesterol: All in Normal Range
- Blood Sugar: Normal Range
- Mood: 1-2 episodes a month, managing depression, snap out much more quickly
- Sleep: 8-10 hours / night
A picture is worth a thousand words:
(And that’s from 2 months ago! But the changes are about 10 pounds down so it’s close enough.)
If I can do it, coming from being barely able to walk a block or climb a flight of stairs, sick and tired all the time, and chronically depressed – So Can You!
So let’s Celebrate wherever we are in our own “Weight Loss Journey’s” and be proud of our accomplishments, every big and every little, one of them. I would love to hear your stories in “Comments” and to see pics of your “before” and “now”s. Celebrating is more fun when we do it together!
Here’s to staying on track, meeting our goals, and thriving, a little bit every day “along the weigh”!
- How to Get Rid of Belly Fat (answers.com)
- Losing Weight !!! (inspired-weightloss.com)
- All the Emotions that Are Fit To Print (afatmansjournal.wordpress.com)
- Bye Bye Seroquel Carbs Monster – A welcome change in “Mood Disorder/Bipolar” drugs (stephintoronto.com)
- Proving Its Never Too Late To Lose Weight. (veggiefitness.wordpress.com)