It’s the weekend – or better know as “2 day free for all”!
What strategies are you going to use this weekend to help you stay on plan with your diet and activity goals?
Since it’s Saturday morning, it’s a perfect time to write down your strategy to stay on track (or at least moderation) so a Monday weigh in isn’t a horror show.
This weekend we have a best friend’s dinner and birthday gathering today. Thankfully tomorrow is back to plan. But here’s my personal plan to stay under some control.
– First 3 mini meals on plan.
– Dinner is 6pm at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse and here’s what I’m doing for that: small meal (probably a protein shake) before leaving, no soup (too much sodium!), salad with dressing on the side, scallops (good alternative to fatty shrimp), lots of the veggies and will ask for them steamed, lots of water and hot green tea.
– After dinner it’s back to our place for dessert and celebration. Thankfully dessert is a sugar free apple pie (my friend is diabetic) with low fat frozen yogurt. We’re only buying 1 pie to feed 6 people. Can we say portion control! Again, more green tea / coffee and tons of water.
– Sunday, right back on plan!
– Today, lots of walking (shopping for trip), then cleaning in the afternoon
– Sunday: 10:45 Body Pump class, then if any energy left, a C25K session in the afternoon
– Monday: hardcore training session at 3pm
Still working on a plan for our vacation in a few weeks but think I’ve got some good ideas. Will also be researching to be prepared!
Would love to hear your strategies for eating out, celebrations, and vacations!